Monday, August 19, 2013

Back To School Chic

Well folks, today is the first day of my law school life. My week long orientation started today and I have to say I'm pretty darn excited. I've already made a few friends, discovered a few new restaurants, and found that there are 7 different coffee shops in a 6 block radius of my house. Y'all know how happy that makes me!

As we all know first impressions are super important and with a business casual dress code this is what I'm thinking for my law school debut.


I picked up a cute black and white tee at LOFT in Atlanta a few weeks ago. I think it will pair perfectly with my blue pencil skirt, black flats and maybe a cardigan in case it gets a little chilly inside all day. Of course for accessories I'll bring my big gold watch and maybe pearls? Classic, simple, chic and easy.

As for the hair and makeup I'm thinking loosely curled hair (hoping it makes it through the Louisiana humidity), a red lip and a lightly colored brown on the eyes.

What do y'all think? I promise to post an #lotd on instagram at some point.

PS. Happy Birthday Callie!!! Hope you have a fabulous day! 

9 comments:

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I love the outfit! I bet you look gorg! I can't believe it's already time to start school again - I start the day after Labor Day!

Unknown said...

I feel like a mom saying this but, "Have a good first day of school!". Love the outfit!



www.healthfullyeverafter.co

Clarissa said...

Wow! Have a great first week! That outfit is perfect & you're sure to make a great first impression. That's awesome your so close to the coffee shops - I'm sure they will come in handy! :)

Lauren said...

love the look! happy first day!!

Jen said...

I love those shoes, super cute!

Mary said...

I love the look! So classy and chic! Best of luck! Can't wait to read all about it!

Unknown said...

Hope you will have lovely time! My first week back to school is in September (I'm a high school teacher), so I have a few weeks of holiday left :)
xoxo
Suzanne from written by suzanne

birdie to be said...

What a lovely outfit! I love those pointed flats!

Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving said...

I love a good pointy toe flat! Those are super cute!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs