For this edition of Friday Cocktail I'm going to step away from the alcohol. What. Shocking. I know. Who am I. But everyone needs a break from boozing every now and again. Plus, I have some readers who don't drink, so I want to teach them a tried and true southern classic.
An Arnold Palmer (in some circles called a half and half) is a deliciously light beverage and super easy to make.
1/2 Iced Tea + 1/2 Lemonade
okay you're done. See y'all Monday.
Haha, while the Arnold Palmer is that easy to concoct I of course stepped it up a notch.
Fancy Arnold Palmer
- Fresh sweet tea (use a tea bag not a mix)
- Lemonade (again if you have fresh it's way better)
- Mint leaves
- Frozen Strawberries
- Simple Syrup
- In the bottom of a mason jar (all the best southern drinks are served in a mason jar) muddle a handful of fresh mint and Simple syrup*
- Pour tea, then lemonade into jar
- Toss in a few frozen strawberries and stir.
- The longer you let it sit the better it tastes (I normally do 30 mins in the fridge)
- Add ice and enjoy
*use as much or as little of the simple syrup as you want depending on your desired sweetness.
OF COURSE... this recipe has plenty of room for vodka should you be so inclined.
Have a great weekend loves!