Thursday, March 14, 2013

Color Crush: African Violet and Google Reader

UPDATE: So before we get on to the main show, I'm late on this whole google reader/gfc retirement. I, like so many of you, am furious with this development. I have only 1/6 of my readers on bloglovin... so this is a hit to say the least! I had several other feed sources linked to my reader, so I'm not sure if I'm going to make the transition to bloglovin or another rss feed reader like feedly. What are y'all planning on doing? 

In the meantime, I'm adding all of my blogs to blog lovin so I don't lose anyone! So add me! I have a button over on the side (looks like the feed button, but it's really bloglovin... I should probably change that) or just click here. 

Follow on Bloglovin



For my next installation of color crush I'm featuring African Violet. This is such a pretty color and makes me so ready for spring time!

African Violet

How pretty is that Oscar de la Renta dress? Oh my goodness. I'm absolutely dying, in love. I want to wear it every day and twirl around Capitol Hill.

Growing up I was more of a pink girl, as opposed to a purple one. In my house there were three girls and we were each "assigned" colors to differentiate between our possessions. My color was pink, Sara's was purple, and Beckie got whatever the other option was. Ha. Sucks to be the youngest. Now that I think back on it, those assignments were even reflected in the walls of our rooms. Mine was pepto-pink and I loved it. Sara's was a lavender, and Beckie had white/blue.

Anyways, back to African Violet. I've totally been crushing on this color lately. I love it paired with Emerald. Anyone else?
 
So what are you feeling currently?

12 comments:

Mrs. Type A said...

Love the jeans and the stud earrings. Pretty color!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with everything here - especially that dress!! Purple is my favorite color so any hue of it I looove!

Alissa
FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

um YES to the pepto pink bedroom. and pajamas. and razr phone. and everything i ever bought before age 20.

Unknown said...

I will be drooling over that clutch all day...

Jen said...

I love anything purple and this dress is gorgeous!

Allyssa said...

Such a pretty shade of purple! It would look amazing as a nail polish!

Unknown said...

Obsessed with purple-- especially this shade. I can't say whether I am a pink or purple girl. I love them both way too much. Time out-- do you have a sister named Sara? This is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I've found that even if a blog hasn't "joined" bloglovin, if i enter the RSS feed, I can usually find it!

xo shay

Unknown said...

ur blog is SO similiar to mine - i'm posting about the birch box tomorrow! - haha - great minds think alike!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I am still going to follow via GFC (that is how I read my blogs anyway). People say that is leaving after Google Reader but I don't believe it. I have opened up a BlogLovin account but we shall see...

ChatterBlossom said...

Oooh, I love violet!
Your newest follower,
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

Laura said...

LOVE the purple- the earrings are great!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs