Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bar Cart Beauties

With only two months left as a Washingtonian I'm beginning to dream about what life in New Orleans will look like. I'm foreseeing some long nights in the library, lots of warm weather, late nights on Magazine Street, and cocktails on the porch of my new New Orleans abode (that I have yet to find). Sounds pretty good right?

Since I'm planning on living on my own for the first time I'm thrilled to get complete and total control over the decor. Yay!!! So in the coming weeks I want to get y'all's oppinions on a few decor options I'm considering. I've come to learn you folks have the best taste around. 

First up, the ever important bar. I'm not sure what it is about having a "bar" in my house that makes me so happy (beyond the obvious bottle collection), but I just love the sheer decadence and sophistication of devoting a chunk of your living space to pretty glasses, bottles and trays. Whatever it is, I've decided that a bar is a must in my new abode. 

Right now I'm using a massive Ikea bookshelf turned on it's side for storage/ bar wares, but I'm thinking of switching over to a pretty bar cart. 

via



I mean, come on. Don't you love them all? While I'm still debating if I want to go for a cart, ooh... or maybe a tray or two on top of a buffet? I'm pulling all of the elements together.

bar cart


What would you put on your bar car?

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that first cart picture!!!

Alissa
FeelingGoodStyle.com

Unknown said...

I love that first picture! It looks so pretty :)
xoxo
Suzanne from written by suzanne

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS IDEA! Those carts are adorable. What to put on the cart? Gin & gingerale (hehe)!

xo #DCcallie

Allyssa said...

I love the idea of having a little bar area. Even if you don't end up with a bar car, I think a tray set somewhere would be beautiful as well.

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I love the idea of changing over to a bar cart! All of the inspiration is gorgeous! I'm dying to find an old one at a flea market and re-vamp it for the house! It just sounds like so much fun!

Jen said...

I think the first cart is amazing! Love it.

Nicole said...

I think bar carts/spaces add such a bit of fun to any space. I just have a tray on the credenza in our office, but it constantly makes me happy! For many reasons ;)

Mary said...

I love bar carts! We currently just have a boring cabinet, but I would love a cart with pretty trays and elegant bottles/glasses/decor!!

erica said...

The first cart is so glam! Love. xx

Jenna said...

I LOVEEE bar carts! When I'm finally in my own place, I'll definitely be investing in one. So jealous you get to have the fun of decorating your own place :)

Jenna
District Delights

Nat said...

Ohhh I like the first one best!! It will be so fun to decorate on your own. I also love the one you picked out and those champagne flutes are awesome.

Unknown said...

a bar cart is at the top of my list once we move. I think that it really warms up a place... or at least my place :)

My-cliffnotes said...

I love the third one that's gold! West Elm has one that I've wanted forever. Need! We need them!

Also I have the decanter you picked! Love it!!

thenerdykatie said...

I love those! I have a bar in storage, I can't wait to get it out & refinish it. I'm not even a big drinker, it's just so preeettyyyy!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

So fabulous! I miss my bar cart. It got put away when my one year old started wheeling it around. Haha!

Tiffany Style Blog said...

Ooo these are fabulous! I got a bar cart a while back but I need to re-style it for summer. love these ideas!!!
xo
www.tiffanystyleblog.com

Samantha K said...

Oh I LOVE all of them! I would use them during our get-togethers with lots of fun drinks and glasses!
(PS Welcome to Social Fabric)

Amy Powell said...

I bought a bar cart so excited to dress it up, and then I got stuck... and it's still stuck in a terrible rut.

good luck & I hope you find a perfect one that fits perfectly into your new place!! that's so exciting!

Betty said...

I like the carts - especially that oval one...so glamorous!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs