Friday, April 6, 2012

{Friday Cocktail} A Peep-tini

I would like to document the fact that I LOVE peeps. They are my FAVORITE.



I can could sit and eat trays of them at a time. I don't discriminate between the bunnies or the chicks, but nothing is better than the classic yellow chic. Have you ever tried one dipped in chocolate? You need to. Have you ever put one in the microwave to watch it turn into a godzilla peep? You need to. Have you ever had a liquidfied peep in your cocktail? well... not sure you need to do that, but you can make a delicious peeptini with a peep on the side :)
via
  • 1.5 oz Marshmellow Vodka
  • .5 oz vanilla simple syrup
  • 1 oz cream
  • 1 egg white (optional)*
  • Peeps (for garnish or dipping... your choice)
In a shaker combine vodka, simple syrup, cream  and egg white. Shake for 1 min or until you are happy with the fluffiness of the egg white. Pour into a rimmed martini glass and top with a peep.

*Please don't be afraid of the egg white. The alcohol "cooks" it so no gross germs to worry about and it creates this yummy frothy foam on the top. You need to try it once.

This is going to be a super SWEET cocktail, which is not normally my taste, but it's easter!

Let me know what you think if you try this. Also you can try adding a little food coloring to coordinate with your peeps. Go crazy! Hope y'all have a great easter!

4 comments:

A Southern Belle in DC said...

This is crazy! I've never even heard of marshmallow vodka!

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife said...

I totally agree about the awesomeness of Peeps. This sweet cocktail sounds right up my alley! Marshmallow vodka...what could be better?

kathj06 said...

Strangely enough, I want to try this upon my return....with a side of chocolate covered peeps, of course!

erica said...

I have never heard of marshmallow vodka before. I definitely need to look into that. xo

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs