Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The End of The Beginning

Well folks. I think its finally over.

I'm sad to say the Republican party seems to have finally, albeit begrudgingly, coalesced around their nominee. Governor Mitt Romney ladies and gentlemen!  I have to say I was sad to hear Senator Santorum was dropping out on Tuesday. I mean, you can't fault the guy. It was time. He had a pretty great run, especially considering where his political career was only 6 years ago. And with his daughter being as sick as she is, he really should go home and be with her. He's a young guy. He can spend the next four years on a book tour around the US and have another go at it in 2016 or even 2020. I'm sure this is not the last we'll see of the Senator. Or his daughter Elizabeth ,with the creepy smile. I can never tell if she's about to laugh or cry. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but she needs to practice smiling in the mirror.


So what happens now? No more primary debates? or twitter battles? public gaffs? Obvious pandering to the base? What is a political junkie to do for a fix. Don't you worry. Mr. Gingrich continues to hang around.


I have to say I love watching Newt. He really is a political genius, but his HUGE ego often gets in the way to his detriment. I do not love his policies, please--- I know you were very concerned for a minute there. He's so out of touch and some of the things he says... I mean where did that moon colony thing come from? And now apparently he bounced a check to the state of Utah for $500. Are you kidding me?

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a bit of a break. I feel like we've been in constant election mode since the last election! Oh wait... we have.

But this is only the end of the beginning of the battle that will be the election this fall. Can't wait to see what comes next.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I saw in the headlines that Santorum suspended his bid, I had to do a double take. I can understand why though.
This political ride will always be here.

Jamie said...

I am tired of it already and it's only April.

Kellie said...

I teach government & my kids are so over it. One 15 year old exclaimed "Its still not over?!?!" and seemed really upset, haha. Primaries are rough!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs