Friday, November 30, 2012

A month of blogging challenge and Friday Fancies #10

Okay ladies... this one has been on the 25 before 25 for a while now and I think December is as good a month as any to attempt blogging every single day for a whole month. I know. It's going to be tough, but I was re-evaluating my list the other day and was painfully shocked when I could only truly cross 2 things off the list. #fail. So I'm posting my agenda for y'all to see. If anyone wants to join me I'd love to have company, if not that's okay too. 

Some days these may be the whole blog post... some days it may be more of an after thought. Either way I think it will be fun, and is a good way to find my voice again.

So here's the plan 

day 1 – recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
day 3- a picture of you as a child
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere you’ve been

day 6- favorite super hero and why
day 7- 
 a picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something you’re proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad
day 11- write a bucket list of things you want to do before you die
day 12- what I would find in your bag
day 13- your 5 favorite books and why
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put your ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- a picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- write about a sweet memory from your past
day 20- write a letter to someone
day 21-a picture of something that makes you happy
day 22- what makes you different from everyone else
day 23- something you crave a lot
day 24- post your favorite quote or verse of scripture and why
day 25- favorite holiday tradition and why
day 26- list 10 things that you are thankful for
day 27- my day job verses my passion
day 28- cruise a thesaurus and pick out 10 words you like the sound of
day 29 – favorite tv shows and why you like them
day 30 – movies you can watch again and again.

day 31 – what is your wish for the new year?

What do you think? Want to join me? Now for the main event...


This week's theme is "My Style" aka what do you actually wear? Well, even though my other Friday Fancies posts suggest otherwise, I do not always glitter and leopard. Shocking. I know. Lately I've been rocking a lot of black and a lot of pencil skirts. I also wear solid cardigans like it's my job. I hate blazers--- and only break them out when I really have a reason. ugh. Anyways. If I want to switch it up I normally throw in a fun scarf or a bright sweater. 



my style
Cardigan | Skirt | Camisole | Flats | BagWatch | Earrings | Necklace | Scarf

I am also not a heels girl. Flats all the way. I also strongly believe in investing in gorgeous accessories that you'll love. I'm obsessed with my kate spade bag and my michel kors watch. I know how that makes me sound, but I really do love them... and wear them all the time. If you find something you love that much, invest in it. You'll get your money's worth plus some added joy every time you look at your watch :)

14 comments:

Betsy Transatlantically said...

that's the blue I love on you! (is that creepy? eek. hehe!)

Unknown said...

Love this outfit! Black & Blue a fab together ;)

Alissa
FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Oh fun!! I want to play but I just can not bring myself to blog on the weekends :( I am on a computer 50 hours Monday-Friday so I try not to get anywhere near one on the weekends though! haha

Marie said...

I love the 31 days of blogging!! Great Idea!! I know with my schedule for December this would be extremely hard for me to do. However, I think it's a FANTASTIC idea. Could I join you for a few of them?

Fab outfit!! Love flats...with my job they are just easier. Plus there is nothing worse then getting your heel caught in cobblestone!! I love the look of cobblestone but hate what it can do to a nice pair of heels!

me said...

I think your outfit is great and that I'd love to play along!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Love this outfit & your 31 days of blogging idea! I'm going to do my best to join you in these topics for blogging everyday. I'm also going to pull inspiration from your outfit for my grad school interview on Thursday. Have a blessed Friday and a restful weekend!

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

Love the monogram necklace and pencil skirt! Have a wonderful weekend.

-Tiara

http://icecreamandfrenchfries.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This sounds like it's going to be one great month of blogging fun!

My sisters and I like flats too; good thing there are some really cute ones out there. Of course when we want a boost of confidence and to feel a little bit sexier, heels all they way, ha ha. Love this outfit, that bag and watch is everything!!

Emily said...

Just started following your blog. I love the idea of 31 days of blogging. I'm in my last year of law school, so sometimes it's difficult finding time (or energy) to write...This will hopefully be the perfect solution.

Emily
http://www.classescasesandchaos.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. My MK watch is one of my favorite things I own... and now that you mention it, so is my bag. Oh well, we are allowed to like nice things, right?

Unknown said...

Such a classic look! I am loving that bag!
xoxo
Shelby

glitterandgingham.blogspot.com

Candin said...

I am loving the 31 days of blogging idea!! I don't believe I will do this during december but my husband goes into busy season at the beginning of the year which will be a great kick off to the new year and blogging !

Whitney said...

Whoops, I guess I should have read this post first! I'm totally going to join in with you!

Samantha said...

I love this idea! I'm pinning it immediately, so I can remember to do it next month!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs