Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 5: Spain

Happy Wednesday! I hope y'all are enjoying the

It has definitely been a challenge so far, but one that I'm loving, so I hope y'all are too. Today's topic is 

 a picture of somewhere you've been


Well this was actually a hard one for me... because I've been a lot of places. But the one place that captured my heart is...

SPAIN

in 2004 I spent 5 weeks one summer in a home-stay in a small town called Almunecar on the beach in Andalucia. Well to say I fell in love with the country and traveling in general was quite the understatement. 

I went back for a full semester in 2008, and those four months changed my life completely. I met so many wonderful people, including KC who I still talk to every single day (except when she's in her law school exams). I lived in Valencia (on the east coast) and I definitely left a piece of my heart there. 

If you ever find yourself planning a trip to Spain, please go to Valencia. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's got fabulous beaches. Amazing architecture. Great Restaurants. They invented Paella! and it's not your "typical" tourist city--- which I love. I could seriously gush about Valencia for hours, but I'm sure y'all don't want to read it, so I'll keep it brief. 

I was lucky enough to have about 5 weeks afterwards to travel around Spain and Europe, which I haven't talked about much. But I was bit hard by the travel bug, and I still get the itch to just get up and go.

Where is your favorite place to travel? 

18 comments:

Kelly said...

Great photos, it looks like you had a blast. I personally love anywhere warm!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

so anthro said...

I love this blogging challenge-- what a fun idea!! I studied abroad but am so sad to say I never made it to Spain-- London and Paris were definitely my favorites, don't care if that's cliche :)

xx, Emily
http://soanthro.com

Unknown said...

My current fave is the Caribbean. Its tropical and easy to get to. Everyone I've met has been wonderful. Someday, I plan to settle in Key West or one of the other Florida keys. That way, I'll be in the Caribbean but still the US. Esther Norine Designs

Unknown said...

A beautiful place and you're lucky that you got to go twice. Great pictures!

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop on Handling with Grace!

o wow...that place looks AMAZING! i hope to go there someday!

Following you via my google blog reader :-)
Def enjoyed this post! Please feel free to stop by my blog if you have time :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Spain is definitely at the top of my list of places to travel!

Emily said...

I'm still on the wagon and LOVING this challenge... Spain looks like it was a blast--I enjoyed seeing your pictures, and hearing a little about your trip! Spain is on my bucket list (hopefully will get over in the next few years). Happy Hump Day. oxo

Trish said...

wow how cool is that! i would love to go to Spain...well i'd like to go anywhere for 5 weeks!

birdie to be said...

How fun.... Dying to go there!

Bonjour! said...

,,,Spain...be still my heart. i've spent many vacations in Spain and when in college studied in salamanca. thanks for jogging my memory of very special moments in the beautiful country of Spain. cheers to traveling!,,,

Anonymous said...

I would love to visit Spain someday!

Brittney said...

That looks like an amazing trip! I really enjoyed both my trips to Hawaii. It is my definition of paradise!

Jen said...

I would love to visit Spain one day. It looks and sounds absolutely amazing!

Helene said...

I have never been to Spain but I am dying to go! I just went to amsterdam, belgium and Paris. I now have the travel bug!!
Helene in Between

Alexa said...

Ah it sounds amazing! It is one of those places that I have on my bucket list!

My-cliffnotes said...

I love Paris!!! But now I want to go to Spain

The Remodeled Life said...

Oh my gosh, I would love to Spain!! I've been to Greece and it was awesome!

Whitney said...

How fun! I never really considered going to Spain before but I think I might need to one day!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs