Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Woes and Wins

Lately I feel like my life has been flip flopping all over the place. I'm so hyper focused on studying for the lsat, I'm losing it in other aspects of my life. And the hits just keep on coming. So I need a vent day. Here are my recent woes, and some of my recent wins. And if you make it through, I'm linking up with Niki for Loving Lately with my latest obsession.

Woe-ing

Flat tire on a Monday morning. Great way to start the week.

Forgetting about soup simmering on the stove. For 2 hours. Can we say burnt soup? yum.

Sucking at sleeping. I just have too much on my mind, AND I am on an over caffeination cycle where I drink too much during the day, then can't get to sleep at night. Then I'm exhausted the next day, so I once again over caffeinate, oops and there goes the sleeping. How do I get off this ride?

Instagramming. I keep wanting to do an instagram drop post because lets be honest we all like picture heavy posts (and they are easy to pull together). But I've taken like 4 pictures since my last one. Oh well. I'll throw in a few





Parking. I got a $100 ticket For parking on the street in FRONT OF MY HOUSE in DC, in a two hour zone over night during the week, when the "supposedly" don't monitor this block between 8:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Annoying.

My room is in a state of disarray. One that it has never seen (okay, that's a lie but it hasn't been this bad in a long time). There are just stacks of clothes everywhere. I forget what's clean and whats not... then it needs to get washed again because Oliver inevitably sits on it and leaves his black fur everywhere.

Yoga. I haven't been in TWO MONTHS. and I miss it so... I need to start going again for my sanity. Maybe I'll squeeze it in tonight.

My Job. I normally pride myself on being great at my job. I'm super on top of things. Work through lunches when we're busy, show up early and stay late. I'm work hard, try to be as thorough as possible, and take on new projects regularly. I'm a pretty good employee if I do say so myself.   Well, I haven't done anything major, but I keep making just stupid mistakes. Losing receipts. Forgetting to print things for meetings. Not returning phone calls. I just have been so focused on the LSAT lately, I can tell my work is suffering. Time to step it up.

Winning

LSAT studying seems to be finally coming together. Just in time might I add. 11 days.

Losing weight. I'm currently hovering near a three year low! Yay.

Officially being free of a lease requirements for the first time ever in my life (we just went month to month!!)

Blogging. I feel like I've been kind of phoning it in since I started the LSAT studying, but I continue to add new followers at an astonishing rate! Thanks y'all. All the support and comments really mean so much to me! Don't forget to enter my starbucks reader appreciation giveaway.

Saving money/sticking to my budget. Having to study for the LSAT has been an awesome excuse not to go to happy hours or out for late nights on a weekend. Granted I paid a stupid amount of money to Kaplan for my class. AND I have to pay an even stupider amount to apply to schools. Oh yah... then there's that little thing about paying for school. Goodbye savings. I'm still counting this as a win, for now.

The GEORGIA BULLDOGS. 4-0. 40+ points in each game so far. #5 in the country. We are off to a great start. I'm feeling UGA vs Alabama in the National Championship. Anyone else? Gosh the SEC is awesome (4 of the top 6 teams are SEC right now. #winning).

And Since you read this far (and I'm so loving this link up so why not join in again)

Leopard Love
Oscar de la Renta flat / Madewell leopard print shoes / J.Crew ballet flat / Faith leopard print shoes, $55 / L' Autre Chose ballet flat / Steve Madden flat / ASOS ballet flat / Madewell ballet flat

 

23 comments:

Rachel @ lala Lists said...

sorry you got off to a rocky start - hopefully the week will pick up!! i feel ya on the leopard flats! also dying over the leopard loafters!

Laura said...

Maybe if you went to yoga it would help your stress/sleep cycle. I know if I exercise I sleep better. It sounds like you have a lot going on and need the relaxation of yoga. Good luck on the LSAT! I am sure it is stressful in itself without adding the woes of every day life. Love the leopard shoes. I want a pair of peep toe leopard pumps for fall. Try to get some relaxation in this week!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

It doesn't seem to me that you've been phoning it in - I'm still loving your blog as much as ever! That is awful that you got a ticket in front of your house - and for $100?! That's crazy! I'm loving leopard flats too! They're so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently wearing my leopard print flats from Target! Loving them too.
I'm sorry you feel so out of sorts - it'll definitely settle down after the LSAT. When do you have your last coffee? Maybe make your last coffee a bit earlier in the day so you can fall asleep (but not fall asleep in class!) Good luck! We are all rooting for you :)

ty said...

Just wait til you get to drop eleventy billion dollars for bar prep. It'll make you long for the days of LSAT :)

Logic games suck. Always.

Alissa said...

You got a parking ticket in front of your own house?!! Oh my gosh!

kristen wright said...

i LOVE me some leopard flats! i got a pair ate target last fall and i wear them all the time! they are amazing!!! thanks sooo much for linking up lovely!!! happy tuesday!

Allyssa said...

Boo too flat tires and parking tickets! Hopefully the end of the week will be awesome!

I desperately need a pair of leopard flats!

Ladies in Navy said...

god i love your leopard flats! and i am sorry about the terrible week! it'll get better soon for sure. :)
kw, Ladies in Navy

Jamie said...

Congrats on your wins! I feel ya on all the parking ticket issues, I've been there! Good luck with the rest of your LSAT studying, hopefully after the test I get to see you at some CapFABB events! :)

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

hang in there girlie, just 11 more days!!

Jessica said...

A ticket in front of your house? Crazy people.
What color polish is that on the left? Love it!
I wear the heck out of leopard flats and pretty much have to get a new pair every year :)

Amy said...

good luck studying! It will all be worth is soon im sure!

http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

love those flats!

Have a wonderful day! Stop by and say hello!

Bonjour! said...

,,,take some deep breaths, focus on all that makes you peaceful and keep in mind that you're not the only person who hasn't been to yoga in a few months. i was given a membership to "thrive yoga" studio as a christmas present and haven't gone once to a class, not once! those damn parking tickets don't you just want to wipe your ass with it before you send it back in the mail with payment? now...there's an idea. congrats on losing weight, clearly i've found the weight you lost. want it back? be kind to yourself sometimes only going at your job 100% of the time, rather than the 200% is better for your sanity. take it from a gal who lived, eat, slept and dreamt her career...it got me nowhere, i've been umemployed almost 4 years. we could waller in our woes or we can buy a pair of those leopard flats and move on! what do you say? let's do it! chin up and cheers to a better day tomorrow!,,,

Amanda English said...

Love, Love, Love the leopard flats! I just purchased the leopard loafers from Target and they are AH-MA-ZING!

Jen said...

Sorry your week has been rough, I'm sure it will get better.

Kat said...

You are amazing, Em! Just tough it out for a few more days and this will all be behind you. Congrats on the weight loss too! That's super exciting especially given how stressed you are. And of course GO DAWGS! I would LOVE to see a UGA vs. Alabama Nat'l championship with Georgia opening a big can whoop ass on that Roll Tide nonsense!

Ashley said...

I've been looking for some cute leopard flats. Thanks for sharing all these options. Now I'm off to go shopping....

Marie-Eve said...

Love all those flats !!! Love your two tones mani too !
My Blog - A Pretty Nest

Heather said...

Glad to have found your blog! I love your nail polish and I'm following you back :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Britta Marie said...

my leopard flats are my favorite shoe that i own :) love your choices!

Jessica said...

I love that nail polish! It is so perfect for fall! and yay for the GA bulldogs!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs