Monday, September 17, 2012

All dressed up with no where to go

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good, but full gaffs. First, I drank entirely too much coffee on Saturday, then after getting home from babysitting I couldn't get to sleep until after 2 am. Fail. I was supposed to take a practice LSAT Sunday morning. Well. 2:45 am rolls around. I still wasn't quite asleep when heard the door open and close downstairs. My roommate KJ was out and about, nothing to be concerned about, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. Then some time later I turned over and opened my eyes. 

There was an unknown man standing above me. Just staring at me. I swear to god. 

I initially thought it was a dream, but no. There was definitely a man there. I don't entirely remember what I said. I didn't scream or jump or any "normal" reaction. No. I was so taken a back I didn't know what to do. I kind of assumed that KJ may have brought home a gentleman friend and by the time I realized what happened I thought running out would have ruined "the mood," so I stayed put. 

Well I get a text about 90 seconds later from KJ apologizing. Apparently this guy was her drunk married  co-worker who also happens to live in our neighborhood so they were simply sharing a cab, until he invited himself in. At 3:00 am. Needless to say, he was asked to leave shortly there after. It made for quite the interesting morning. Let. Me. Tell. You. 

Sunday was once again filled with LSAT Studying. 18 days folks. But I was so excited to head over to the Dew Drop Swap as I mentioned to y'all on friday. KJ was tagging along so we got ready. Full hair and makeup because lord knows you have to look good when you run into the fashionable bloggerati of the District. Well. We were running late. Shocker. With 5 minutes to spare make it to the building to head upstairs. Once we arrive the place was not quite as hopping as we expected. Nope. Not a sole in sight actually. That's when we realized the swap was on SATURDAY. Another fail on my part. 

Thankfully we redeemed the outing with pumpkin spice lattes. (PS if you're counting calories check out this post from Samantha's Brewed Awakening

So. What is a girl to do when she's all dressed up with no fashionable venues to frequent? Take pictures of herself. Duh. 

Top: Forever 21 | Skirt: Macy's | Shoes: Nine West | Watch: Michael Kors

I saw this tutorial on pinterest the other night and had to try it. I over did it on the teasing a bit, but I'm kind of obsessed!





Pink and Gold Mani--- also inspired by pinterest here



That's it for today. Hopefully the rest of the week will be slightly less eventful. Though I did appreciate the comic relief. LSAT nightmares have been increasing in frequency of late, so it was a good change of pace.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the outfit. And I would've been FREAKING out seeing a man in my room. Oh my gosh!

Alissa
FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

MorgHarpNich.com said...

kudos to you for taking the lsat! i thought about it for a while and then..well, i just realized i would stick with writing songs, haha. that really is great, though.
also, i love your color choices here!
i love your blog so far, and from what i've read you seem like a wonderful, inspiring person. and i mean that!
i can't wait to read more :)

-morgan

erica said...

Love your outfit and oh my word your hair is gorgeous! I love that little braided headband... so pretty! xo

Unknown said...

I love love love your outfit! I'm a sucker for lepoard

Krista @ Blonde Aesthetic said...

That story is crazy!! You look gorgeous!

emily said...

i cant even deal with how badly i NEED that skirt! its so cute! love your hair braid, that's impressive. happy monday love! x

Jamie said...

Very cute outfit! Love the skirt and the hair braid!

So creepy about that guy, though! lol

Samantha said...

girl you are rockin that leopard skirt! super cute! and I wish I could do cute things like that to my hair but it's impossible! have a great week!

Jen said...

I love you outfit, the skirt is amazing!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

love the outfit -- and the hair!! so pretty!!
and oh my gosh - that story is SCARY!! i would have died. literally.

Heather Bien said...

a. braided headband = amazing.
b. man in your room = what the heck?!! that would have scared me to death!!

JMc said...

Love the leopard mixed with that turquoise! Super cute :)

Cara said...

oh.m.geee, my heart was literally racing in this post - that's my absolute worst nightmare! You recovered beautifully with a gorgeous outfit and that crown braid is phenomenal. I may have to give that a try this week! Hope you have a great week!

My-cliffnotes said...

Love your skirt! And face!

Um 3 am creeper I would have flipped

Anonymous said...

Love love love the outfit!
And that is a TERRIFYING EXPERIENCE! "then there was a man standing over me" ...I gasped!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Whta a cute outfit!!

I also drank too much Saturday...and had my parents pick me up from the bar lol! Better than a DUI though ha!

Betsy Transatlantically said...

love love love that hair!

hate hate hate creepy men.

Jessica said...

the leopard and turquoise combo is so cute!

ty said...

Girl, let me tell you as a voice of experience, practice LSATs are just D-U-M, dumb.

Well, any standardized test is dumb. Strike that.

Kim said...

Ok that hair style is ridiculousy cute, I need to try it. And that skirt, is a much have in my closet. I need it now...because I seriously want to wear it tomorrow! Lol...care to share a link or what brand it was from Macys?

Sounds like an interesting weekend for sure!!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs