Friday, August 3, 2012

{Friday Cocktail} Tinto de Verano

Hi folks.

Did you miss me? I've certainly missed y'all! I can't believe how much blogging has become a part of my life... two days away and I'm itching to come back. I've had a crazy week at work, as we've been hosting a conference, but it's over now! woohoo! So I decided to take a half day yesterday to "take a practice LSAT." Best decision ever. I had gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before, so when I got home at noon I decided to take a quick nap before I started the test. Three hours later I was still asleep and decided to postpone the test until Saturday. OMG. I can't even tell y'all how nice it was to catch up on life. I did a few loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, watched a ton of Olympic coverage ( I'm full on team Phelps), and drank a few alcoholic beverages while cleaning out my Google reader.

Now, on to one of my favorite cocktails. I don't know that I've talked about the fact I studied abroad in Spain in 2008, but I did. and it was AWESOME. I met some of my best friends there, and had the experience of a lifetime. I'm sure y'all are all familiar with Sangria, a Spanish wine punch with fruit and hard liquor. I love Sangria, but it can be really heavy and sweet, and y'all know I don't have time for a hangover. However, I can still get my fruity wine fix,  have you heard of Tinto de Verano? This is a much lighter wine cocktail that they enjoy all over Spain. It's super easy to whip together, and always a crowd pleaser.

Ingredients 
  • Your favorite red wine (try a Tempranillo, Pinot Noir or a Beaujolais Nouveau)
  • Citrus Soda (traditionally Fanta Limon or Gaseosa, but try Fresca or Sprite if you can't anything else)
  • Ice
  • Lemon slice

Directions
Pour 4 oz. Red Wine over ice. Top with soda, add a lemon wedge. Enjoy

Doesn't get much easier than that. You'll thank me later. Have a great weekend ladies!!! I have some fabulous guest posts coming up next week, so be sure to check back!

xoxo, EP

12 comments:

Terri said...

ooo, that sounds really good. I've never really enjoyed Sangria, but maybe I've never had a good one!

Alissa Kelly said...

This sounds delicious!!!!! And easy ingredients, too which is nice!

Jayme and Mendi said...

This sounds really good! I love Sangria but this is easier and lighter! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

emily fitzgerald said...

omg, in college i used to LOVE mixing franzia and fresca! i may have to take a stroll down memory lane and whip up a batch soon!

have a great weekend! xox

JENN said...

I love your blog! I was just in DC in the spring interning at C-SPAN, which is right around the Hill. I used to take my lunch breaks walking around there. :) Checkout my blog, and follow if you like!

Jenn

http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

Niki said...

Yum and yum! Two of my favorite drinks in one - sign me up!

ashlyn williams said...

ill take this cocktail at exactly 4pm today when i am done with my final! ha

happy weekend
xxA
www.letitbebeautiful.com

smk053078 said...

Bring on the weekend and this fab-o cocktail!! Cheers!!
Shanna
Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

Akiko said...

Sounds so tasty..! Thanks for sharing! xo akiko
Your Portrait Giveaway

Wil Harris said...

We missed you! Good luck on the plsat on Saturday. Have a fab week! :)

My-cliffnotes said...

I totally miss you!

This drink looks delish

Pamela said...

um yumm that looks amazing!!! I make a similar one with white wine and fresca but I like red wine more anyways so I def need to try this! just found your blog today and love it! I am following now :) keep in touch! xoxo
Pam

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs