Tuesday, August 21, 2012

25 before 25 Update

Remember when I decided to do a 25 before 25 project? I talked about it here and made a page here. Well, it's approximately 4 months later, and in an effort to stay accountable/ keep y'all posted, I want to update you on my progress.

{find a job that makes me happy} I almost got a new job a few months ago... but it didn't work out (which was actually for the best), now I've put job hunting on hold to prepare to go back to school. Ironically as soon as I made that decision, work got a lot better. Funny how these things work out.

{clear out my closets} Yah... haven't done a thing. Maybe when I switch out my summer clothes for my winter ones we'll tackle this one. 

{learn how to sew} Haven't done a thing.

{read 25 books} I was on track with this for a while... then the stupid LSAT threw me off course. I definitely need to try harder to find reading time during the week. I know the time is there... but blogging just seems so much more interesting.

{take time for projects} Not.So.Much.


{work to make new friends} I think I've been doing okay with this one. Blog friends count right?


{show up for the ones I have} I should be doing way better here. But I'm making an effort. 


{do a spending freeze for a month} Not yet. October perhaps?


{practice meditation/yoga} I was doing GREAT. Then my LSAT was conveniently scheduled during my favorite Tuesday night yoga. So. sad. I haven't found another time slot yet, but I only have 2 more Tuesdays of LSAT, so... I may just wait it out. 

{do something unexpected} ....


{go to New York} No plans. 

{fill my walls with art that I love} No movement here. But I have been cultivating plenty of ideas on pinterest... that counts right?


{save money} YES! Woohoo. Unfortunately a large chuck has flown out the door for various LSAT related expenses. 


{focus on fitness} ha. nope.


{get enough sleep} ha. ha. ha. definitely a nope. 


{take the LSAT} Started LSAT class 7/17, test is October 6

{host a themed dinner party}

{volunteer} something is in the works. 

{treat myself, because I'm worth it} YES! I had a massage last weekend. It was lovely.

{upgrade the camera} Not yet. the LSAT and applying to school sucked up my spare funds. 

{make 25 things found on pinterest and blog about it} 12 + 3, 4, 

{practice making fun cocktails} I think I'm doing pretty good here. The Friday cocktail series is definitely helping me achieve this one. 

{do a 5k} no progress

{take a cooking class} still no progress

{Blog every day for a month} Not yet, but it's definitely not too far away. Maybe in November?

{commit to continuing these goals once 25 comes and goes} 


Moral of the story... I need to get going on quite a few of these things. Do you have any advice on getting motivated? Some days I feel like I just have too many balls in the air to do anything. ugh. 

If any of y'all have your own happiness projects or 25 before 25 (or any other numerical combination) plans, please let me know. I'd love to read them, and hopefully gain some inspiration.  

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Girl, I hear ya! There are so many things I've been "meaning to do" as well and haven't made as much progress on as I would have liked either. But yes, blog friends definitely count! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's so hard! I find breaking down my to-do list into daily and weekly helps. I always seem to disappoint myself by trying to plan to do too much in an evening. Pick a couple steps a day/night and work on them. ie.Maybe research how much your dream trip to NY would cost and work from there?

Unknown said...

It looks like you making progress. LSAT practice and studying is taking up a lot of your time and that's a huge deal. Keep up the good work girly!

Betsy Transatlantically said...

you're DEFINITELY making progress! even just identifying goals is a step in the right direction, I think. keep it up!

(I did one, sort of, here: http://betsytransatlantically.blogspot.com/2012/07/whats-on-your-bucket-list.html)

My-cliffnotes said...

Blog friends totally count! Plus you'll totally work that LSAT!!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs