Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Guest Post: Pineapples and Pearls


Hey everyone! I'm Heather from Pineapples and Pearls! I'm a fellow DC blogger who adores Emily's blog and of course I was so flattered when she asked me to guest post!

I decided since Emily works on the Hill and I would assume that many of her readers do too that a very relevant post would be one on the LBD. When you work in a big city and your after work obligations leave you with zero time to change and often involve some of the same colleagues you see during the day, it's so essential to have an army of little black dresses at the ready so that you can throw on a blazer during the day and then head straight to cocktails from work. 
LBD
12345

Let's forget for a second that I can't afford most of these dresses. What matters is the shapes. The perfect day to night LBD has a slightly low neckline so that it can pass for slightly revealing but certainly not one that shows any cleavage. Look for slightly fitted silhouettes, just above the knee, with interesting details - ruching, twists, wraps, a cowl neck. Also, invest in this piece. Don't break the bank but splurge just a little. Believe me, you'll end up wearing this dress several times a month for years to come.

Thanks so much Emily for letting me guest post! I hope yall will visit me over at Pineapples and Pearls!

1 comment:

Beth Dunn said...

I'm it total need of a few more LBD!
xoxo
SC

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs