Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend, Where did you go?

I mean really, that weekend came and went in a blink. We had so much fun, but it's Monday morning again and  my tequila haze is finally catching up to me. Get ready for an intense amount of photos. Two of our Favorite People in the WHOLE WORLD came to visit this weekend. Mr. and Mrs. Lawfully Wedded Wife! They were fresh off their law school exams, so we tried to treat them to a jam packed vacation where they could let loose a bit. 

Lauren, being the expert food blogger that she is, LOVES food trucks. Obviously we had to hit up food truck fest, and boy am I glad we did. Empanadas, Gyros, Popcorn, Ice Cream, Pop-cycles. I mean, wow. It was awesome. 



Then we set off to do a few of the obligatory touristy sites. Fortunately for those of us who have phobias of crowds of tourists (*cough cough, me), we got a sweet parking spot, and it wasn't too crowded! We hit up the Lincoln Memorial and checked out the new MLK memorial that opened on the tidal basin last fall. For those of you who don't live in DC there has been a bit of backlash from this new memorial. Dr. King is misquoted a few times, his statue was carved by oppressed and underpaid Chinese people, while the statue is in his likeness, he looks slightly Asian, the list goes on and on. I guess people are always going to find a reason to complain. 

I have to say, I was pretty impressed by it all. The park they build around the tidal basin in beautiful and very peaceful. While not huge, the statue definitely has a resonating presence, and the walls of water and inspirational quotes bring a sense of tranquility. It's slightly off the beaten path (if that's possible on the national mall), so it wasn't super crowded. If you haven't made it down there yet I highly recommend it. 


This is Oliver, isn't he cute? 

The Silver and Gold Cinco de Mayo party went off with out a hitch on Saturday and we all had a great time. All my pinteresting paid off, and the house looked super festive with tissue pom poms, banners, some yummy food (be on the look out for a recipe) and of course some Mexican mustaches. 

Mr. and Mrs. LWW



photos courtesy of LWW
Lots of Beer Pong was played (not very well though), new friends were made. Too many cupcakes were eaten, and a few too many margaritas were had. OH, speaking of Margaritas. I want to follow up on my last post.  So, I love me some Bethenny Frankel, but girlfriend, that skinny girl margarita is gross. I mean really. It tastes like chemicals. I thought it was supposed to be natural? hmm.... AND on top of that, my roommate KJ says she read an article about how there is some ingredient in it that, when combined with citrus (limes anyone?) becomes carcinogenic. Cancer? From a Margarita? no thank you.

We also had this

There were some mixed review, but I have to say, I loved it! We made the crystal light as instructed (with water) then let folks add tequila to it as they desired. It was a very green color (a tad scary), but I thought it had a great flavor. 5 calories? I'm sold. 

hahahaha. 

Please have mustaches at your next party. They're so fun. Hope y'all have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Bethenny, too... but can't drink her margaritas or cosmos! Yuck! Too strong, or something for me! That is scary to know that it may cause cancer!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Aww fun. I've never had a mustache pic done, I'm missing out for sure.

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

erica said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I recently tried the Peach Bellini Crystal Light and hated it. Maybe I will give the margarita one a try. xo

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs