Friday, May 11, 2012

{Friday Cocktail} Skinny Southern Sweet Tea

Happy Friday from Little Rock, Arkansas! I am VERY happy to be back home in the south. Warm weather, some pool time, BBQ and real sweet tea. I am a true southerner that's for sure. 

With that in mind I wanted to tell you about my newest discovery. 

Skinny Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka.

Bam. 

You're welcome. 

I know. This is an amazing discovery, that I found via my new blogging idol Kelly. I may or may not mix my firefly with water and sip on it as if it was regular tea. Don't judge me. I love that stuff. Do you know what's even better than that? If you mix it with lemonade. Shut up, I know. 

Today let me tell you about the cocktail we are sipping on poolside today. Make it in a pitcher, because you'll want to share and sip on this for hours. 

  • 1 cup Firefly Skinny Tea
  • 1 cup low cal lemonade (aka crystal light)
  • handful of mint, divided
  • 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Lemon slices
In the bottom of the pitcher muddle about half the mint with brown sugar and water. Let that stand for 5 minutes for the mint to release its flavor, why don't you mix up the lemonade while you wait. 

Add the Firefly and Lemonade. 

Serve over a glass full of ice. 

1 batch should serve 4-6 (depending on how big your glasses are)

I'm home for my sister's college graduation/Mother's day. On Monday we are off to Puerto Rico to celebrate my Mom's 60th birthday!

Have a great weekend lovelies. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Home sweet home, nothing like the south! Have fun on your trip and take lots of pictures! :)

Melissa said...

Those sound interesting! Have a good trip!

Casey said...

O....M....G.....There goes the rest of my twenties....

MOSAMUSE said...

nice post! have fun at home!
xo
MOSAMUSE

MOSAMUSE.com

erica said...

Oh my gosh I need to make this immediately! xo

Kara said...

Yum! I need to try this!!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs