Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cocktail Hour: Honeyed Ginger

Happy Tuesday y'all! I'm a bit overwhelmed with everyone's responses to my post yesterday. I didn't actually make any decisions about following/unfollowing blogs, but I really appreciated your feedback and support! Sometimes I feel very alone in how overwhelming and time consuming blogging can be. Good to know I'm not.

Do y'all read Kate's blog? She designed my beautiful new blog, but she's also a blogger herself and announced  she's doing a Creative Cleanse this week and I loved the idea! I've decided to get back to basics a bit in attempts to get my blog juices flowing again. I realized it's been far too long since I've done a Friday Cocktail post... in fact I'm willing to bet the majority of you didn't even read this little blog back when I used to do them. I love my Friday Fancies link up too much, so I've decided to bring the Friday Cocktail series back under a new name: "Cocktail Hour." Today's the first installment! Yay! Who doesn't need a mid-week cocktail pick up? I know I sure could (don't worry, I'll at least wait until 6:00).

Last night I was thinking about what to make for this inaugural cocktail post I was flipping through an article about cooking with honey, and thus this delicious baby was born!

via
So, pretty right? I totally stayed up all night making this look pretty. Ha. Fail no... I threw this together in a plastic cup... not worthy of photography so I borrowed this picture from one of my favorite blogs. Calling a fail on myself here. Sorry. Never the less... you can make it pretty! Here's what you need...
Ingredients
  • 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger
  • 1 TBSP honey
  • 1 jigger of gin
  • 3 oz of gingerale
  • lemon peel and 1 wedge for garnish

Directions
Warm the honey for about 30 seconds in the microwave for a thinner consistency. Muddle with the ginger and a lemon peel. Add gin. Strain over ice. Top with ginger-ale. Garnish with lemon. Enjoy

So easy right? So delicious. The spiciness of the ginger is absolutely perfect with the subtle sweetness of the honey. I'm thinking this could also be good with bourbon... If you try this let me know what you think! I promise to get my act together and actually take pictures next time.  

17 comments:

Ladies in Navy said...

gorgeous photo! want to try that asap!
kw, ladies in navy

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

just when i swear i'm going to lay off the booze until next weekend, you tempt me with this. looks delicious!

Kate said...

YUM! This sounds amazing! I have to try this ASAP. Thanks for the shout-out, Emily!

Emily said...

I really want one. I love moscow mules, and I think this would be such a fun (and stronger!!!) take. I'm making this on Thursday if I have a snow day from work. oxo

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to get my hands on cocktail drink blog posts too! I didn't check yesterday's post, but will do now, cause I can relate big time on creative dry spells and blogging overload.

Xo Inna
Baking in Couture

thenerdykatie said...

Love the new design, I'm going to check her out, I need some work done on mine. Gin tastes like Christmas to me lol.

Mrs. Type A said...

Looks delish! I'll be checking back for a cocktail with bourbon!

Jen said...

Oh this looks delicious, will have to try it sometime. :)

Bonjour! said...

,,,cheers!,,,

Beauty by Miss Ash said...

Hey girl this looks delicious! I want to let you know that we have an online beauty store with new products being uploaded daily. We have been up for a month and just processed our 100th order and receive emails daily thanking us for the convenient online shopping.

http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

Make me one of these tastey bevs and I'll come to DC to drink it!
Love,

#dccallie

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

LOVE cocktail hour on BDB! This drink looks so refreshing too!! And it's getting close to 5!! :-)

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Lauren said...

Your blog looks super fab! Kate did such a great job on it xo

gmontalvo13 said...

looks delish!

Unknown said...

Stop. This looks amazing!!! I need to try this - honey and ginger is such a killer combo!

xx,
Maya

Jamie said...

That cocktail sounds delish. I can't wait to enjoy a drink again.

Alison Coglianese said...

Ahhh so yummy! Is it happy hour yet?

XO, Alison
www.ChainStrapPurse.com

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs