Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Fashion

I was beyond obsessed with the red carpet last night. I mean the ladies really brought it. Old hollywood glam at its finest. 

My pick for best dressed is:
Jessica Chastain

Her dress was simply perfection. The hair. The lips. And you know I've always got to root for the pale girls! Absolutely stunning. 

Charlize Theron
I don't know about y'all, but I was kind of obsessed with her hair.  I also loved that she kept it simple up top. No crazy necklace or earrings. She let the dress do all the talking. 

Naomi Watts
I mean wow. The sparkle and the neckline. She absolutely killed it. KILLED IT.

Jennifer Hudson
I love this sparkle. The hair was a tad bit long for my taste, but the dress is gorgeous. 

Amy Adams
Well that is a dress. We all know that I love grey... and fluffy ruffles? Obsessed. I wish she would have gone with a bright lip just for a pop of color, but everything else was gorgeous!

Oliva Munn
I love a red dress on the red carpet. The corset on this Marchesa gown was just absolute perfection, with love how she was styled. 

Nicole Kidman
I am obsessed with all of this sparkle. She looked absolutely stunning. 

Reese Witherspoon
Is there anything better than a gorgeous blonde in a beautiful blue dress? As a blonde who often wears royal blue, I don't think so. Reese looked perfect.

Also. I had a fabulous blogger weekend. I hung out with Lauren on Friday and Saturday. Jaime, Besty and Brea for Sunday brunch. Then coffee with Alana. All of it was perfect. Please go be their new bffs, because I'm officially more obsessed with each of them. 

23 comments:

Nicole said...

Great recap! I agree with all of your pics. I must say that Reese was the winner in my book; blond bombshell and classic Hollywood. Love!

Betsy Transatlantically said...

YAY for brunch and friends! (also, does anyone else think that Amy Adams' dress looks like the one from SATC when she falls asleep in the bed in Paris?)

Allyssa said...

I love the old Hollywood look on Jessica. So pretty! Naomi's dress was odd, but in a good way! And as a fellow grey lover, I thought Amy looked amazing!

Mrs. Type A said...

Jessica Chastain and Reese were my favorites!!

Jessica Manning-Garner said...

LOVED Naomi Watts, Reese Witherspoon, & Jennifer Aniston. I'm not a huge awards show watcher, but the Oscars are so special! Have a great day, lovebug!

Marie said...

Loved some many dresses this year!! My favorite was Charlize Theron. She hit it out of the park with that dress. Stunning!
Sounds like it was a super fun weekend, it's always nice to meet new friends!!

Mary said...

I agree with you on the best dressed!! I loved Nicole Kidman's look. That lady sure is gorgeous!

Emily said...

Love Naomi, Nicole and Miss Chastain. I felt like Jennifer Hudson was channeling a mermaid (sorry!!!). I love when people keep it simple and classy. Happy Monday. oxo

Jamie said...

Great picks, I totally agree! Naomi Watts dress was stunning, and Charlize, Amy, and Reese were so classy! I also liked Halle Berry and Jennifer Aniston... there were a lot of great dresses last night!

And yay for brunch! So wonderful to see you!! :)

Jamie
Forever81

Unknown said...

I didn't get to watch the Oscars, so I'm really enjoying catching up on all of the fabulous looks! Charlize and Naomi are my favorites. Those dresses are just to die for!

Anonymous said...

Naomi was definitely my favorite! I loved Jessica's hair and dress! She's made some great choices this awards season! Loved coffee!!

Alana

Jen said...

Naomi Watts was by fat my favorite, that dress was gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I loved Naomi's dress! Jessica was a close second and I have pretty much loved everything she's worn this awards season! Coffee was so fun, we'll have to do it again next time I'm in town :)

Alana

jackie jade said...

great post! i didn't watch the red carpet so i enjoyed seeing the dresses here. i love nicole kidman's!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Penniless Socialite said...

I don't ever watch the Oscars...I just wait for posts like this featuring all the pretty dresses...haha.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
February Group Giveaway!

Simply Evani said...

I loved Amy's! And Catherine Zeta Jones' too!

Ashlyn | Let It Be Beautiful said...

i am in love with jessica + naomi watts is stunning! your picks are fabulous too lady -- none of them went wrong! xo

Elizabeth // The Now said...

Jessica Chastain is becoming one of my favorite actresses. She is talented, beautiful and knows how to work a red carpet!!!! Naomi and Charlize were my picks!!! xoxo

On a Good Note Designs said...

Great re-cap! I missed Olivia Munn last night--stunning dress with old Hollywood glamour. Naomi and Amy were definitely winners for me. Charlize could wear a paper bag and go bald and still be gorgeous. While Nicole's dress is great, I was more thrilled to see she went with a soft hair and make-up look. She can get carried away with the slicked back, tight hair looks sometimes.

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Loving Charlize Theron ... so simple but so elegant.

Hope you had a fab weekend!
Shia
World According to Shia

Unknown said...

These skinny bitches in their fancy gowns {kidding!} - but seriously, these ladies are grogeous. I loved the variety in the dresses this year - no two looked alike :)

xx,
Maya

tara said...

amy adams was my fave! gorgeous!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I loved Charlize's whole look - her hair was stunning!
Isn’t That Charming.

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs