Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Beauty Favorites


Feb Beauty Favorites

As a girl constantly battling shine the Urban Decay Setting Spray has been a life saver.  Lightly mist it on your face before you apply your primer. Then again once you've put on all of your makeup and you'll be solid for hours.

While I've been loving the dark lip trend this winter, I just haven't been able to pull the trigger and wear anything too deep on myself. Lately I've been loving Revlon Lip Gloss in Peony. We all know I love anything revlon does for a lip, and this gloss is a little bit milky and has some glitter. I absolutely love it!!!

Thanks to my roommate Becca for introducing me to the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation last year. I recently finished my third bottle of the stuff and I'm so obsessed. It's a medium coverage liquid foundation, and is definitely buildable. I love to use a damp sponge to apply it (like the beauty blender) for an airbrushed finish.

So I've been using theBalm Hot Mama Shadow/Blush solely as a blush, and then I actually read the cover and tried it as a shadow and now I'm even more obsessed. I've been using it as a crease shade with a nude over all shadow for a neutral look. You NEED to try your blush as a shadow y'all! Go home right now and do it.

I received theBalm Put a Lid On It Primer in my January Birchbox, seen here. At the time I still preferred a creamier primer to this more liquidy version, but this product has completely changed my mind. I can't even believe the staying power of this primer. I'm completely obsessed.

I'm kind of loving NYX Cosmetics The Smokey Shadow Palette. The pigmentation is insane for the price. I've been loving these shades too. 

20 comments:

Mary said...

oooo I'm going to try the UD spray! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I have 2 of those Hot Mama things from Birchbox- need to try them!!!

Alissa
FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

Mrs. Type A said...

I use Fit me foundation too and it's the best drugstore match for my skin that I've found yet! And the price is amazing!

Marie said...

I LOVE Urban Decay All Nighter!! That stuff is amazing!! I have been looking for a new primer, so I will have to check out theBlam Put a Lid On It Primer!! Thanks for posting this!!

Jamie said...

I'm going to have to look into that makeup setting spray, it sounds awesome. And that primer. Ah, shopping temptation haha. Thanks for the tips!

Jamie
Forever81

Anonymous said...

Urban Decay Setting Spray- I am going to need to go out and get that ASAP. Good tips lady!

Alana

Unknown said...

I too am obsessed with that blush from Hot Mama. Did I already tell you I ordered the full size version as soon as it arrived in my Birchbox? Well, I love it. I haven't tried it on my eyes though. Perhaps I will do that tomorrow. Love the idea girl!

Emily said...

I love All Nighter. It is my go to for my long days (and long nights), and it lasts FOREVER. I got the Balm Blush in my Birchbox last month...I haven't used it because I'm saving it for when my Benefit Coralista runs out--but thanks for the tip about the shadow. oxo

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I love the Urban Decay setting spray!!!

Unknown said...

I really need to try that urban decay spray then, I have major shine on my face after even an hour after applying makeup. I'm glad to hear of products that actually work! Thanks for highlighting these girl :)

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I'll be buying that spray for sure. I will need it starting in about May when summer hits.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

lucia m said...

looks amazing!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

tara said...

i ran out of UD setting spray a while ago and i really need to get some more! it's good stuff!

Head to Toe Chic said...

That Revlon lip gloss color is so pretty! I need to try it!

xo,
Angela
headtotoechicblog.com

elle [wonderfelle world] said...

I'm obsessed with that UD setting spray - it's seriously amazing especially when it's humid in DC!

Stylishly in love said...

The Smokey shadow palette looks so pretty! Great picks and wonderful blog!

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Allison said...

That eye shadow pallet looks awesome. I will have to try it out!

Anonymous said...

I am totally wearing my blush as a shadow tomorrow!! I love that idea! You've got a great blog here, I'm now following you! Can't wait to see more posts:)
xoAmy
www.dreamingincashmere.com

Allyssa said...

I've been meaning to pick up one of those Fit Me foundations for awhile now! And that NYX eyeshadow palette looks amazing!

Penniless Socialite said...

I'm always looking for a new foundation. I'll have to check that one out! I use a make up setting spray from Victoria's Secret and I can't believe what a difference it makes!
Tara
Penniless Socialite
February Group Giveaway!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs