Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday's Fanices #20: Red Carpet Ready

Friday's Fancies is here again, Yay! And this one may be my favorite to date, why you ask? Isn't this what all of us "fashion bloggers" dream about? Dressing for the red carpet? I know I do. I love reading posts of over the top hair, lusting over stunning makeup far too dark for everyday. and then there's the sparkle aspect. Lord knows I'm obsessed with sparkle and glitter (not quite sure when I became that girl, but I'm okay with it) and aren't sparkly jewels kind of a red carpet requirement? I think so.  




Red Carpet Ready


If there was ever a Friday's Fancies to go all out this is it. I mean, come on gal's this is the oscars. This is probably this most expensive outfit I've ever put together... but it's one of my favorites too. This weekend we will see hollywood glam at it's finest, and when I saw this dress I couldn't help but gasp. Grey. Sparkle. Vintage. Glamor. What more could you ask for? I wanted this dress to be the spotlight of the whole look, so I went with neutral accessories. Beautiful grey pumps. Just enough vintage jewelry with out over doing it. Plus just a hint of color with the clutch.

A beautiful intricate up-do and a perfectly crafted smokey eye. I'm dying. I need this outfit. Can I please go to the oscars and wear this? I'm sure I could give Anne Hathaway a run for her money.

So what do you lovelies have in store for the weekend? This girl and her hubby are in town tonight, but other than that I'm not sure. I feel like I need to take advantage of living in dc more... so I may go be a tourist... who knows.  Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!

30 comments:

Jen said...

Oh that dress is absolutely stunning!!!! Just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

omg i am in loveeee with that dress!!

Thea said...

Oh wow! Stunning!!
Any Hollywood star would look gorgeous in this.

Betsy Transatlantically said...

what better time to be expensive than the Oscars? nailed it :)

Alex Byer said...

That dress is seriously stunning. Love the color! It's such a classic style.

Alex
Nine to Five

Unknown said...

That dress is a stunner! Holy cow! Love it.

Alissa
FeelingGoodFashion.blogspot.com

Mrs. Type A said...

LOVE that updo! Gorgeous. The dress is really glamorous too-- reminds me of something kind of art deco and 1920s-inspired!

Alyssa said...

I wish I had somewhere to wear everything you've shown here!

Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Marie said...

That dress is GORGEOUS!!! I wish I had a reason to wear it!! Have a great weekend!! More snow here!! LOL.

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

omg. i want that dress in white for my wedding.

Myra said...

OMG - LOVE! This whole outfit is stunning! And that little pop of color is genius!

Becky {The Pumpkin Spot} said...

Gorgeous dress. She can do no wrong!
-Becky
The Pumpkin Spot

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ensemble right there. I think I need to hire you to be my personal stylist. Also, so sad that I can't hang out with you and the lawfully wedded wife and hubster this weekend. Legit deeply depressed about it. Love love love you!

xo #dccallie

Smartificial Sweetener said...

I can totally picture Marion Cotillard or someone equally glamorous in that gown!

xo
Erin
http://smartificialsweetener.blogspot.com/

emily said...

i seriously love all of this, it's all SO classy. that hair style is killer too, im going to save that for use in a friends wedding :) obsessed with that dress too, im also a sucker for some serious sparkle ha. have a great weekend! x

Unknown said...

Hello, Glammor! I am loving that dress - so stunning and perfect for Oscar night! Hope you have a wonderful weekend love!

xx,
Maya

Anonymous said...

This outfit would definitely make the best dressed list! Don't be ashamed for loving the sparkle it makes an outfit amazing!

Alana

so anthro said...

Ahh so lovely and romantic!! That hair style is PERFECT.
xx, Emily
http://soanthro.com

Unknown said...

This red carpet look is gorgeous! Silver with a splash of mint green is such a subtle elegant combination. I also love how it has sort of a vintage feel to it. Love it!

xoxo April
www.amoorella.com

Jamie said...

That dress is GORGEOUS! And the ring is unreal! Love the hair too... ah, I just love it all! Well done!

Jamie
Forever81

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Love this! That dress is gorgeous!

Happy Friday & have a great weekend!
Shia
World According to Shia

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

This outfit is stunning!! Just gorgeous!! Have fun this weekend!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

simply selman said...

This would look KILLER against the red carpet. Great choices!!

wwww.simplyselman.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

wow,this is definitely fit for the oscars!! gorgeous!!

thanks for stopping by my blog!

happy weekend.

Unknown said...

That up-do! Swoon :) so pretty!

Meg
Two Leaf Clover

http://two-leaf-clover.com/

Nicole said...

My dress for FF was crazy expensive, and I loved every minute of it. Sometimes, it's fun to splurge even in the blogosphere :) Happy weekend! Enjoy touring D.C. like a tourist!

Mary said...

This is my favorite of all of the Fancies!!! Soooooo pretty!!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

This is so gorgeous! I am obsessing over that hair especially :)

On a Good Note Designs said...

Great dress! It goes well with the 1920s glamour I was going for with my FF picks.

Unknown said...

God that dress is to DIE for!!!!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs