Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life Lately

Hello Hello! Long time no see y'all! I'm back from my whirlwind of a weekend road trip. Let me just tell you it's been a crazy few days.  After Mardi Gras on Friday Night, KJ and BW and I headed down to surprise our favorite food blogger for her 25th birthday! We met up with one of our favorite people aka Cal-Scnie who came down from Connecticut and her brother, and had an absolute blast. Kings, several 40's of High Life and some duct tape are key ingredients for a good night.

via

Then Sunday the crew headed back to DC, while I was heading further south. 

Unfortunately one of my oldest and dearest friends just lost her mom to brain cancer after a long two year battle. The loss was absolutely heartbreaking for Becca, her family and those of us who knew and loved Susan. She was one of the most amazing people I'll probably ever know, and the void she leaves in our lives will surely never be filled, but I'm so glad that I could take a few days off to help remember her and beautiful spirit in Atlanta.  

En route to Georgia, I arranged a tour and interview at a law school in Richmond, Virginia. It was very strange being back in class after almost three years, but I'm so excited to go back to school! I absolutely loved Richmond, and could definitely picture spending a few years there. PLUS two of my favorite bloggers live there, so obviously I need to move there and raid their make-up collections. 


Next I got in the car and drove South. South. South. I arrived to Atlanta around 6:30 on Monday night, and was gone again by 4:30 Tuesday afternoon. It was nice to be back "home" but of course the reason for the visit was not. 

Tuesday night I made it to Greensboro, NC where I grabbed a hotel room and crashed for the night. Conveniently another law school I applied to is located in Greensboro, so I spent the morning touring the school and the downtown area.

Then I was on the road again, but road fatigue was definitely setting in. The brilliant Lauren had the idea to meet for a late lunch in Petersburg, VA at this cute little pub. If you're ever in the area, I would highly recommend stopping! The menu was great. I had an amazing chicken salad sandwich, Lauren had bacon and  brie, and Jason had a really fantastic burger. Done. 

via
Finally we got back on the road for the FINAL stretch. I made it home in the heart of rush hour (good planning on my part) and unpacked.

Then I had one of the best nights EVER! I got an email promptly at 9:30 pm notifying me I had been accepted to Law School! Ironically the very one I had visited that morning! I screamed. Did a happy dance and promptly bought myself a gorgeous new Kate Spade bag big enough for plenty of law books.

It was perfect. Now I'm back to work and ready to get back to normal after the whirlwind of this last month.

PS, don't forget to enter my mardi gras giveaway! It ends tonight!!!

10 comments:

Jen said...

You look great in that picture! I have a sweater similar to the one you are wearing. :)

Setarra said...

Congratulations on getting accepted!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on the first of what I hope will be many acceptance emails/letters/phone calls out of your 14 applications! Which Kate Spade bag did you select?

Tamara said...

You're in my neck of the woods in Greensboro! What school did you get in to? Congrats!

R's Rue said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great weekend!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Laura said...

A MILLION CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! girl i am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! you are going to kick law schools BUTT!

Chris said...

Congrats on getting accepted to Law School! That pub looks adorable. I can't believe how much driving you did.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Aw, we are thinking about your friends loss. So sweet you got to be there for her. And come on down to Richmond girl!! We'd love to have you in our city!! :-) Thanks for mentioning us too! That made our day!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I'm so sorry about your friend's mom. So sad. I'm glad you could be there for her!

Law school! Fabulous.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed looking at your blog! I just started a blog myself and would really appreciate your follow!

http://inspiredcreationz.blogspot.com/

Thank you!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs