Friday, June 15, 2012

{Friday Cocktail} Relax and Sparkle

I've been all about champagne cocktails as of late. This is something I tested out last night, and I have to tell y'all it's SO good. I love the aromatics of the lavender and the sweetness of the blueberries. Plus its sparkly and slightly purple. Oh, and really easy. What's not to love. 


Really all you need to do is heat up 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar until the sugar dissolves. 
Continue to heat it at a medium-low temperature for about 8 minutes (so the syrup will set). 
Be careful not to burn the sugar. You aren't making caramel here people. 

After you think the syrup is sufficiently thick take off the heat. 
Throw in lavender (with flowers) and blueberries and let that steep for about 10 minutes. 
strain.
Keep the simple syrup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.

Now just add 1 Tbsp to a champagne glass then top with champagne. 
via
Enjoy.

 Have a great weekend ladies!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I would add St Germaine for some sweet!

Unknown said...

This is the coolest drink recipe ever! My sisters and I will be trying this one. Thanks Girl!

Erin said...

Intersting, must try this!

Tracy @ Honey and Nutmeg said...

I have not tried lavender in a beverage before but I think it would be great. I love gin & tonics with some lemon. Most recently I have been drinking whiskey with tonic water and a little lime & lemon!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Good call. Totally doing that tonight!

Blue Dog Belle said...

whiskey tonic? Hmm.. I never thought of that combo, but now that you say it, it sounds great!

Miss Southern Prep said...

YUM! Have a great weekend!

P.S. Thanks so much for your sweet well wishes!

Unknown said...

Hi Emily, we nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award, check it out! :)

Blue Dog Belle said...

Thanks Ladies!!!!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs