Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Social


Happy Sunday everyone! I was super excited about Neely's new link up, so I thought I would try it out since this is the first week she's doing it! I'm not much of a weekend blogger, but I may have to start if y'all like this one


Sunday Social

This weeks Questions:

How did you come up with your blog name? I used to have a blog by the name of Georgia Girl in the District. When I made that title I was completely new to blogging and didn't have any idea anyone other than my in real life friends would read it. This time around I wanted something a little more creative. I consider myself a bit of a southern belle hence the "belle" but more than that I wanted to represent my love of politics and specifically my views as a moderate democrat. For those of you not familiar there is a group of moderate Democrats who call themselves blue dog dems. We are more fiscally conservative, socially liberal. (Think Bill Clinton). And there you have it. Blue Dog Belle. 

What is your favorite thing about blogging? I love having the creative outlet that blogging creates, but more than that I love the friends and support I get daily from all of you lovely readers!

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now cant live without? Oh god, there's too much to count. Color blocking is a trend I can't live with out. Make up reviews, recipes, etc. NO WAIT. scratch that. I found pinterest through blogging about a year ago and I now cannot live with out it. Oh pinterest.   

Facebook or Twitter? and why? Well, I'm still kind of new on the twitter train, but I definitely check my twitter more often. 

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be? Oh jeez. I don't even know. I've been reading Megan McCain's blog for years and I kind of love her.  

What is something you want people to know about your blog? Hmm... that's kind of a hard one. I feel like my blog is pretty self explanitory. I guess I would want people to know that this is just an expression of me and everything I love. I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. I don't claim to be a fashion or make-up guru, but I do love both those things, so the opinions expressed on the blog really are just my own.

Hope y'all have a great rest of your weekend. I'm off to do some chores before settling down for the SEASON FINALE of MAD MEN tonight. so sad. Oh yeah, and Real Housewives of New Jersey, can't wait for that wedding!


6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Visiting from Sunday Social! Love your blog header---and so jealous that you live in DC! I've always wanted to live there some day....I've got my eyes peeled for the right job opportunity!

I'm your newest follower!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Alyssa said...

Yes, I LOVE the makeup reviews on everyone's blogs! I love seeing what the best products are without having to waste money on them to find out!

Cara said...

I definitely like this post, I love hearing about the blogger behind the blog. Your blog title's roots are interesting, I never knew about "blue dog dems", I think I fall in that category too! I fell asleep during RHONJ, thank goodness for DVR :)

Blue Dog Belle said...

Um.. yes. you need to move to DC it's awesome!

Blue Dog Belle said...

I know. I feel like I save a lot of money that way, but then again I read about WAY more products that I think I can't live without. oh well.

Victoria said...

great answers!

cute blog :)

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs