Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Monday

Oh how I wish it was a three day weekend again. Two days off is never enough. This was a pretty perfect weekend though. Friday night was filled with champagne, lots of rain, and my couch. I love just lying on the couch with a blanket in the rain. And champagne makes it significantly better. There is just something so fun about all those sparkly bubbles. 

Saturday was filled with cleaning, reorganizing, and getting rid of some of the crap around our house. I re-tackled this project. I'd been lusting over this look on pinterest for a while now, and I have to sat I love it! BUT it is beyond time consuming, and you can literally play with it for hours. So fun though right?

Saturday night was another epic one. We went to a costume birthday party for the lovely katie. In desperate need of a costume I decided to raid my closet and found my trusty leopard bra and leopard pencil skirt. I love some big hair and make up too, and I've been dying to use these eye rock stickers I got in my birchbox a few months ago. I give you my attempt at being a jersey shore girl.

I know. I can't believe I'm putting this on my blog. 


Also, how have I never used lip liner before? It makes a world of difference!!!


KJ and I had a little too much fun with our glow sticks. 


 bathroom pictures. I had to share.

I was in fine form, let me tell you. My head is still aching. 

BUT the story gets better. We arrive home at 2:30 or so, only to decide we need a frosty (it's really dangerous living 2 blocks from Wendy's) so we go. and we lock ourselves out. and it's 3 in the morning. I tried to break in, but after the wonderful birthday, our house is very secure. dang it. 

So we trek up to KJ's family's house in friendship heights. Fighting AdMo traffic all the way. Called the locksmith in the morning. $89 later that was the most expensive Wendy's trip ever. AND wouldn't you know I didn't even drink my stupid frosty.

Sunday was filled with hangovers, running errands and Blogger Blitz DC organized by the lovely {av}! Y'all I had such a great time! It was so nice to finally meet all these ladies who I've been stalking. I hit it off with several of the girls (no shock there though, I love their blogs so of course I'd love them in real life). 

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Cara said...

It was so awesome meeting you yesterday! Your Jersey shore look was pretty amazing, LOVE the eye make up! Good luck with the job interview :D

Unknown said...

You looked super cute Emily, love your skirt!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

You packed a LOT into your weekend! So glad we got to meet you at Blogger Blitz. :) We're already looking forward to the next one!

Mendi & Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Oh and we did a video not too long ago on the Eye Rock...thought you might want to see... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=587YhVN-j_U&feature=plcp
We thought these were so funny!!


Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Haha - sometimes those late night cravings are impossible to ignore:) Especially a frosty!
Love that strawberries in the champ too. Looks like a great weekend!
-Katie
Athomewhenimwithyou.blogspot.com

Blue Dog Belle said...

Oh, thanks loves! I'll check that out tonight!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs