Friday, June 22, 2012

{Friday Cocktail} Peach Two Ways

So, I'm from Georgia. I love Peaches. I love peach cocktails. I saw this on the lovely Julie's blog and I knew I had to devote this week's cocktail to the peach. You should know something about me though, I am indecisive. oh, and I like many liquors. When making these last night, I absolutely couldn't decide so I made two versions.

They both start out the same: Peach Puree. All you need to do is slice up a perfectly ripe peach (over ripe would be even better) remove the pit, and puree in the blender/food processor. Strain if you so desire (I did not care to).

Jim (Bean) and the Giant Peach

In a shaker combine 2 Tbsp of the peach puree

1.5 oz of Bourbon

1 Tbsp Honey or Simple Syrup

add ice and strain into glass.

Top with cranberry juice (but next time I would probably cut it with club soda)


or if gin is more your style (as it is mine) you should definitely try...

The Gin-ger Peach

In a shaker combine 2 Tbsp of peach puree

1 Tbsp Honey or Simple Syrup

Add ice and shake. 

Strain into glass. Top with Gingerale.

Can you tell I love peaches? mmhmm. Both are delicious (I had to down sample both of them for y'all ), but the gin-ger peach is much lighter, perfect for summer time. 

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I love peaches too...this sounds amazing!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh peach cocktail?! Drooling right now!

xo Shane

Because Shanna Said So said...

Girl, you know me too well. This is looks like pure heaven! YUMMO!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
xo,
Shanna

Unknown said...

Oooo, these look so good and perfect for summer!

Kate said...

Those both look amazing! Happy Friday, Emily!

Krista @ Blonde Aesthetic said...

I just bought half a bushel of peaches when I was in NC over the weekend. I think I'll have to use some of them for this recipe!

©2013 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs